Bracelet collage

Bracelet collage
Wrist Bling

Monday, July 27, 2009

Ornament designed to honor my Daddy




My daddy passed away in 2005. Each year the funeral home holds a celebration on life around Christmas with each family placing an ornament on the tree in remembrance. Each year a new ornament is added along with ornaments from previous years.

This year is my turn to make the ornament.
This has taken much thought, mainly because :

1. I was Daddy's girl
2. I miss him more each and every day.
3. I wanted to honor him in the best way I knew how.

Here is the ornament I was finally able to finish....after much crying each time I tried to work on it.

Inside the card reads:

His favorite color-
Like his smiling eyes is blue
His heart-
Made of pure gold
His Faith- Unshakable
He placed everything in God's hands
His family-
Fragile and precious , like the finest crystal

The work on this piece- imperfect
Just like his "baby girl"

Loving husband, son, brother, uncle, grandpa, and even
a great...BUT
The most wonderful Daddy in the world
God truly broke the mold when he created you.

You are missed more with each passing day.


We Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment